Thursday, June 30, 2016

PLO 4




MATLT Program Learning Objective(s): Program Learning Outcome 4 “demonstrate knowledge and skills related to applying research to support learning in a technology-enhanced environment.  .”

This project illustrates assessment data usage in a teaching environment.



Image result for assessment and evaluation images





Instructional design principles and theory greatly influence the evaluation of technology resources to facilitate effective assessment and evaluation. This influence can be observed in many ways,  one of those ways  being "the allowance of teachers/instructors in selecting appropriate technology which will allow students to demonstrate knowledge gained" (Bedard-Voorhees, Johnson, & Dobson ,2011). Instructional design principles and theory also help by allowing teachers to meet the needs of individual students with differentiated lesson plans and helping students personalize their learning by means of technological variance resources.

These principles and theories require educators to use appropriate judgment when it comes to choosing technology.  As presented  in our Instructor Guide, there are at least two different programs that can be used to present data.  Both programs yielded the same information, the only difference is the process it took to get to that information/data.  As I watched both clips, I asked myself, which program would I use if I had to come up with such data for my students.  Frankly, I could not understand the first version, but I did understand the excel program.   So, I guess I will use the excel program, since the process appeared easier for me to understand.  In order to understand my data, I have to know how that data came about, so understanding the program and knowing how to use it is very important.

Image result for assessment and evaluation images

As a teacher, I have an obligation/requirement to assess my students quarterly in reading.  In the beginning, I did not know the most efficient way of keeping track of their improvements or lack thereof, without digging for the pile of testing papers.  Eventually, I found the time to create a spreadsheet that allowed me to record all  the assessment scores, which allowed me easy glance of how my students were doing. These days if we research hard enough, we can find many more ways of tracking data in a more efficient and accurate manner.




References

Bedard-Voorhees, A., Johnson, L.M., & Dobson, P. (2011). Letting them show what they know: Digital assessment strategies.




No comments:

Post a Comment